6.27.2005

Now back to Wonderment: ENTER THE FUTURE

Again I rely on the hilarious and relevant reflections of Hannibal over at Arstechnica.com. The recent entry titled, "Ten things I learned about the future at Wired NextFest" made me laugh out loud. See below for an excerpt:

"Speaking of the elderly, the senior citizens of the future won't roll around in wheelchairs—not even cool robotic wheelchairs like those invented by Dean Kamen. Instead, they'll have robotic exoskeletons that will make them much stronger and faster than the non-elderly. So in addition to being the largest voting block in future elections, they'll also have superhuman strength and speed. If I were a politician, I'd make sure that the elderly of the future get great healthcare coverage, and I wouldn't even think about doing anything to reduce their social security benefits. You do not want to incur the wrath of our robotically enhanced, geriatric overlords (or their Phillip K. Dick android companions)." Link

Comments on "Now back to Wonderment: ENTER THE FUTURE"

 

post a comment