9.07.2005

Check out these ninjas! Totally Sweet!


I must have been 7 or 8 yrs old that Christmas. In the early morning, with snow blanketing the ground, white light showered into the living room where the tree was wrapped in presents. Little did I know what an amazing day it was going to be. I popped out of bed at dawn, as many kids do on Christmas morning...

I was a simple kid. I loved my family, cars, G.I. Joe and playing outside. G. I. Joe was by far my favorite toy. I was a hound for the new figures, the new vehicles, and all the cool stuff they came with. Among all the cool G.I. Joe toys in existence I most prized two figures that were extremely difficult to find.

Okay, back to the story: ...I woke my parents and we all gathered at the tree to open gifts...and then it happened, I picked up an oddly shaped present and tore open the paper. Within it I found, back to back, brand-new mint-condition fricken ninja G.I. Joe action figures! When I opened that present I was dumbfounded. It was beyond belief. I had scoured Targets, Kmarts, Playworlds, and every other major toy store in my city for a year straight... looking, always looking for the two coolest action figures ever! Then, in this one present I discover both of my favorite G.I. Joe characters: Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes. I guess my parents arrived at the store one night that December just as the delivery truck pulled up. My parents asked to examine the freshly trained recruits as they left the truck and entered retail. That night they found both rare figures and cleverly wrapped them together, making it my best Christmas gift of all time! Perhaps I exaggerate a little, but hey, why not!

So, if you have either of these dudes in a box under the stairs or something, let me know. It would be quite a treat to get a hold of them again. It was a long time ago that I gave my whole collection to one of the younger neighbor kids who ended up destroying them all! Oh well, it was time.

Comments on "Check out these ninjas! Totally Sweet!"

 

Blogger E. Garcia said ... (8:59 PM) : 

Hey Bon, that's fantastic! Gee, you keep giving me so many good things to put in my writing--I'll probably have to write a collection, with all the great stories I have from you. Thanks for pointing out the wonderment for us all to see too...

 

Blogger Aaron said ... (8:28 AM) : 

Yeah! Stormshadow was my favorite guy too. I played with him so much that all of his joints were loose, and his limbs flopped around. Too many parachute jumps.

 

post a comment