9.14.2005

Illustration Friday: Depth


Being sick this week and away during the weekend, I had no time to create new artwork. So, I have resorted to using one of my somewhat recent oil paintings. This painting is from Montserrat, in the hills above Barcelona, Spain. It is a beautiful place to visit... and a nice break from the city below.

Comments on "Illustration Friday: Depth"

 

Blogger E. Garcia said ... (10:14 PM) : 

Oy, Bon, BEAUTIFUL!
This is amazing. I can't even . . . no words. Look at me, shaking my head, because I like it so much.

 

Blogger E. Garcia said ... (10:16 PM) : 

Also, forgot to say--how do I start this Illustration Friday thing? I'm thinkin' something mixed media.

 

Blogger Leeza Hernandez Illustrator said ... (11:21 PM) : 

Nice work. I admire anyone who masters the art of oil painting, cos that's one thing I can't do.

Well actually, there's alot of things I can't do, and oil painting is just one of them!

Love the use of light in this piece.

I have to say I'd be uber-impressed if you had 'just' painted this for iFri ...

You captured the rural essence of Spain really well, too, which I very much appreciate.

 

Blogger Aravis said ... (11:44 PM) : 

This is gorgeous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:57 AM) : 

Very nice, indeed.

 

Blogger carla said ... (8:59 AM) : 

This is so lush and full of sun and shadows....and simply gorgeous! I love the bright whie on the left in contrast to the deep shadows along the wall. It's so full of atmosphere...I just want to be there.

 

Blogger JacqueLynn said ... (2:13 PM) : 

beautiful breathtaking painting with an amazing use of light and dark.

 

Blogger Ellen said ... (10:47 PM) : 

You are awesome!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:38 AM) : 

Lovely painting!!

 

Blogger virginiavalle.blogspot.com said ... (8:25 AM) : 

Yes Barcelona is a beautiful city!!! and your painting is gorgeous!!!!!! I hope to see more :D

 

post a comment