9.07.2005

Roots: Illustration Friday


Entry for roots: I used ink and paper, added black background with Photoshop, and used the eraser to get the soft edges.

Comments on "Roots: Illustration Friday"

 

Blogger carla said ... (3:33 AM) : 

You have a magical style! I love what you do with black and white. This illustration takes me to another world or time when seeing roots is like discovering something unknown...that's the feeling I get here. The shaft of light on the figure creates the sense of darkness both literal and figurative, and adds to that whole feeling. You have an excellent tecnique with ink, Beautifully done!

Get rid of those spammers! Turn on word verification in the comments section of your settings.

 

Blogger atomicvelvetsigh said ... (11:59 AM) : 

great layout and combination of mediums. this also kinda reminds me of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.. i like the dark ambience you have on your illo too.

 

Blogger Daniel said ... (9:13 PM) : 

carla, thanks again for the great comments AND for helping me with the spam! your illustration this week was again fantastic!

 

Blogger Daniel said ... (9:16 PM) : 

matt, is this matt from drawing (1st hour)? if so, i tried to check out your bolg but it does not work! what is the url?

 

Blogger Ryan said ... (10:58 AM) : 

so I really like this a lot.

it reminds me of artwork for some weird underground space-rock band.

like these guys: http://www.phenomenauts.com/

cause the drawing kinda' looks like a mad scientist or something... which this band has.

 

post a comment