12.09.2006

a poem

I am mute

I have one brush
And can make only
Dancing marks
On a wooden board
Under handmade light
Alone

Within the earth
In ecstatic prayer
A boy is jumping to meet his Lord
His golden hands
Cupped in space
Rising

I have one brush dancing
Ten thousand winged prayers
Ascending

I see Her and cannot speak
She is the color of honey and earth
Like tall grasses
Golden
She is made of light and movement
And he looks away in reverence of Her
Space

The boy says,
“Wonderment fills my heart…
And all things are the Lord’s”
He is crying now
And leaping to meet his Lord
Finger tips expanding into
Heaven

You are light
And I cannot find Your source
You are movement
And I cannot find Your center

I see Her as light
And color
Movement
And warmth
I form them in Her image
Opening

Comments on "a poem"

 

Blogger Aaron said ... (9:01 PM) : 

Nice poem, man. It really feels like you.

Did you get the invitation to the party this weekend? Are you coming?

 

post a comment